28 January 2008

Douglas Returns Home

♥ Dear Family and Friends♥

As a new year unfolds and the first month is almost over, where do we all stand in our convictions that we made to ourselves at the beginning of the year? As a family goal it is to say family prayer and read our scriptures daily, as well as to attend the temple at least once a month together as husband and wife and twice as individuals. I personally want to establish a "motto" for our family and a theme that will help us and our children (one day) grow closer to our Father in Heaven. Something we can teach in the home and have. I had some companions on my mission that gave me some pretty good ideas in this area and we will have to see what we come up with.

It is so nice having Douglas home again even if it is just for 3 weeks. He will then travel to New Orleans, Louisiana for at least 6 weeks. And hopefully as soon as the job at the San Pablo dam starts they will pull him off of the Louisiana job and bring him home. That job is supposed to last for quite some time, it will be nice to actually be a "family" again. He is happy to be home where it isn't so cold and he can grow face hair again. We are both enjoying our jobs and enjoying each other being home even more! I have my knee surgery in a couple of weeks so I'm even more glad that he will be home to help me out a little. It will be nice to have a little break from work though, although I hope I won't be that bored.

I am enjoying being in the young womens presidency we really have some great girls and I look forward to spending time with them. I need to really do my visiting teaching although I'm not quite sure how as I've never done it before. I am also without a companion so we will see how this will go. I will probably give them both a call tomorrow just to say hello and introduce myself and see if there is anything I can do for them. But I will not do my visiting teaching by the phone, I think that's cheating in my mind. I was also asked to sing a solo in church they really want me to but I am scarred out of my mind and don't think I'll do that good of a job. Douglas tells me that everyone disagrees with me so maybe I'll give a try, nothing better than getting over your fears except by just doing it. Douglas recieved his Home Teaching list yesterday and is excited about that.

Nothing much to say except my husband is home, and for that I am very grateful!

♥Douglas & Amber♥

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish