16 September 2008

Two Wonderful Years

I can't believe it has already been two years, the time sure does go by quite quickly when you're older. I never used to believe my parents when they would tell me that. Yesterday was a relaxing simple anniversary. We both went to work and then came home and went out to eat at De La Torre's Tratorria it was absolutely fantastic. Decent prices and delicious food. We had Italian Creme sodas that they made absolutely delicious! And then we came home and watched Ninja Warrior and some Stand up. It was good just to spend the evening doing something together we both enjoy. I thought it would be fun to do the traditional anniversary gifts, ie: 1 year paper, 2 years cotton, etc. The first year we were married I gave Douglas a couple of books I know that he had wanted and this year it was cotton. I couldn't think of what to get him and I pondered for a while and then it hit me I just knew! I gave him his gift a day early as the Eagles were playing the Cowboys on Monday Night Football and I knew he would want it then:

His very own Ty Detemer sewn #14 jersey when he was QB with the Eagles. Ty happens to be Douglas' very most favorite player and so I thought this would be great!
Needless to say, I had a pretty happy husband even more so because I recorded the game so he could watch the whole thing and I made lasagna for dinner which happens to be his favorite! He said my gift is being shipped, which is fine by me I'll take presents any day! We had a good evening together and he looked like the photo below all night long.


♥ Douglas & Amber ♥

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish