19 September 2009

Three years and Three Days

Today Mr. B and I have been married for 3 years and 3 days. It doesn’t seem that long (at all) but at the same time it feels like it’s been forever. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and still wonder if I really am married or if this is just a dream, it’s strange I can’t explain it. These past 1,098 days have been filled with ups downs, new learning experiences, tantrums, and well happiness and love of course.

It’s been an interesting year this year, as it is the first year that we have been together in the same house consistently for more than a month. It’s great to be living in the same place as that’s what marriage usually means. I have to tell you though, living with someone is hard, it’s more than hard sometimes it can be downright difficult.

I have learned that not everyone puts the dishes in the dishwasher the same, and that’s okay.
We don’t do the laundry the same, and that’s okay too.
We don’t park the same, eat the same, or even like the same shows on TV (except for a couple).
We don’t have the same tastes in books or movies.
And we defiantly don’t enjoy spending our free time the same, I like to be out and about and well Mr. B likes solitude.


We don’t agree on the same things but that’s what makes us special. We share the things we enjoy and love it when the other half is happy and content. I have learned to be more patient and understanding. While I sure he has learned many things about me that shouldn’t be publicized for fear of mocking… ha! I’m a strange duck sometimes. But we love each other and learn from each other and I can’t wait for many more years to come as being Mrs. B.

Three years ago today I was in San Francisco on our Honeymoon and getting used to the idea of a joint checking account, living in a hotel, where his job would take us, and doing those wifely things (cook, clean, shop, blah!). But I’ve figured it out and I’m attempting to be the best wife I can (I think).

I’m off to leave for the city to celebrate these past 3 years! Have a fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

Dixie and Drew said...

That is sooooo sweet!!!! Happy Anniversary!!! We are about to celebrate 4 yrs next month!!!!

Connie said...

That is awesome!! Congrats, hope you have many more to celebrate... Derek and I will be celebrating 11 years next month. I am amazed how quickly the time passes.

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish