18 August 2009

My Favorite Recipe

Wow, this is a hard one to choose, most of the things I love to cook are my favorites! But here is one of my simple quick favorite dishes that I love to make for our family, enjoy!

{Chicken Taco Stew}

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 16-oz can corn (drained)
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 1.25-oz packet taco seasoning
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)


Directions
Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken. Lay chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. This is good eaten with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips.

Number of Servings: 14

Nutritional Info
* Servings Per Recipe: 14
*Serving Size 1 cup
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 115.8

* Total Fat: 0.8 g
* Cholesterol: 7.9 mg
* Sodium: 782.8 mg
* Total Carbs: 17.9 g
* Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
* Protein: 7.8 g


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

JMom said...

Your recipe is similar to what we just made the other day but made enchiladas with it instead. We'll have to make it into tacos next time :)

hopping through via McLinky!

btw, I love your template design.

MadeInCanarias said...

Sounds really good!

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish