26 July 2008

Camping Trip

♥ Family & Friends ♥
Douglas and I finally had a wonderful vacation with just the two of us! It was great to spend the time together. We went camping up in the Sierra Mountains in a town called Colfax at Bear River, it was beautiful, quiet, relaxing, and rejuvenating! I forgot my camera, and a few other things (nothing that Tawni reminded me of). So the only pictures I've got are from my phone, I was surprised actually at how well they turned out! The picture above is of our campsite and after the post I will include some of Douglas fishing at Bear River (where we camped) as well as Applegate Lake. It was a great experience and beautiful, it had been awhile sine I went camping and I forgot how much I enjoyed it! Campfire smells, roasted marshmallows, hobo dinners area all wonderful when it isn't 103 degrees outside, so the next time we will go it will be in a couple of months when it isn't so hot. So we drove around a lot during the hottest couple hours of the day and found some places to go fishing in. The funniest part of the whole trip it was Friday night and we were out of Applegate Lake I was sitting on the slope to the lake reading and Douglas was fishing (he almost fell in a couple of times, but that's not the funny part). It was starting to get dark and I wanted to go back because we didn't have a flashlight. Doug turned and looked at me and said, "One more cast and we'll go." I said that's okay, whenever. He got his line ready and pulled his arm back and let go of the line and it flew.... right into a tree. I found it so funny. He said, "I guess it's time to go now." So we lost a fly and bubble and some line to a tree. We caught 14 Bluegill - they were all too small to keep but it was a lot of fun to watch Douglas catch them and not catch them, just to fish in general. In the river behind our house he caught some sort of trout but it escaped. Here are some pictures and next time I'll take my camera, I promise.

Douglas Fishing At Bear River
Douglas Fishing At Applegate Lake
♥ Douglas & Amber ♥

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish