01 August 2008

Political Standpoint

The more I think about it, I know what I stand for, I know what I want, and I know where I stand in this huge political circle. Someone called me a politic shopper, and that's not what I am or even close to, I know what I want to see and I'm just trying to find the closest person that represents that. I'm not a party or platform voter I vote for the person, some people may say that that's wrong but if you can't trust the person or don't agree with how the person runs his life or don't see eye to eye on his beliefs (spare me the separation of church and state speech or they know how to keep them separated) how can you agree with what he inheritantly thinks which in turn will always play a part in politics run by people? I myself have strong beliefs and values and they affect every choice I make no matter the size of the decision. I read Obamas "Blue Print For Change" and found myself almost drooling over everything that he had written on paper, but the more I hear him, see him, and witness some of the things he has or hasn't done, I'm not so thrilled anymore it actually leads me to be more leary and sometimes downright 'scared' of the man. He can write one thing and then act a completely different way? I have realized that I am conservative, I don't even know if that's the right term for me, is there a left or right that just includes common sense? Maybe I should classify myself and leaning more up instead of right, but on most charts up is libertarian, yah not me either... hmmm, the dilemma of trying to find a party. This is where I fall according to a little test I have taken, so maybe I'll just let people classify me, and I'll just stick to what's in my head and what I want. I used to read Political Science books and watch news and listen to talk radio and get into political and economic discussions on lots of occasions and I used to get so annoyed at how stupid people seemed to me, but I have learned that was because I was 'educating' myself wrong. I never took the time to learn about it for myself I've always listened to what people told me and what was always right there and accused people for being 'dumb' when I was doing the same thing, how hypocritical of me! So for a few years I fell out of the 'political loop'. And lately with being confused on candidates and what's going on (you tend to forget things you don't do or think about for a while) I have recently started picking up books on my own and studying more about the history of the United States and the current events and whatever else I can get my hands on and have to say I really enjoy it, I'm enjoying finding out who I am and what I stand for. My point for writing this was to put up some quotes that bothered me when I heard them so here they are:


"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." First of all, if you are old enough to make that decision you know what could come of it. Like my mom always said, "If you can lay down and make it you can stand up and take it". What is that teaching about responsibility for actions? That if you do something wrong you can just erase it and make it all go away? No there's adoption there is learning to grow up. I've never thought of children as a punishment and for a father to say that makes me wonder what he really thinks of his own children.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America." Then stop bringing it up that you 'don't look like the other presidents' that you 'have a funny name' that people aren't supporting you because you're black. Stop playing the race card and run as an individual like you say.

We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old - and that's the criterion by which I'll be selecting my judges. So it's okay to be a young teenage mom? Cause I'm totally confused by the quote above or is it that abortion should be legalized so teenage moms wouldn't have to experience that or learn choices have consequences?. From what I know about being a judge is judges are not sympathetic or empathetic. They are a judge of right and wrong / good and bad. If emotions played a part in our judicial system America would be full of criminals and there would be no standard for anything. Judges are to follow the law and supreme court judges are to determine the constitution and if acts are in or not in accordance with that, I don't see much gray area.

How pompous and arrogant! Isn't it wrong to boast yourself above what you are? How disrespectful to America and the American people to change the presidential seal. That's like putting O's for the stars on the flag. Reminds me of a dictatorship, one person leading and doing what he wants and manipulating people to see the good when there isn't any good to see. People don't see the little things. How many people saw this but didn't say anything about it, or think twice about it? It won't be used again, but isn't the thought of it enough to worry about? I can't express into words how it makes me feel. Are you trying to take over our country?



What about the race card? Why bring it up? Found this on a website today, thought it was funny.
**Borrowed Kindly From Villainous Company: Barack Obama told supporters that Republicans will “try to make you afraid of me” in remarks he made Friday at a Florida fundraiser.

"The choice is clear. Most of all we can choose between hope and fear. It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy. “We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run,” said the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. “They’re going to try to make you afraid. They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. ‘He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?’" In similar comments at a Chicago fundraiser last Thursday, Obama told supporters that Republicans would try to portray both him and his wife Michelle as "scary." "They’re going to try to make me into a scary guy,” he said last week. “They’re even trying to make Michelle into a scary person. Right?" And so that drumbeat – 'we’re not sure if he’s patriotic or not; we’re not sure if he is too black.' "I don’t know, before I wasn’t black enough," said Obama. "'Now he might be too black. We don’t know whether he’s going to socialize – well, who knows what.'"

I don't know. Could you work the words "fear", "afraid", "scary", and "black" in there just a few more times, Barry? Because I'm "afraid" voters might miss the point. You know, that you're... like, totally ... black.

And the bad, scary Republicans want us to be afraid of you. Because you're so ... black. Even though you're half white. Which we're not supposed to talk about, because that would be focusing on race and you were so hoping we could get beyond that, I know. Damned Republicans. If only they'd quit bringing up the fact. That you're black. And we should fear you.

Odd tactic, for a man liberals keep saying is so likable and non-threatening he may well be our first woman president. The looming menace must express itself in a disarmingly feminine, non-threatening way. Which is why the Republicans have to keep reminding everyone of your essential Blackitude and scariliciousness. It's subtle, man. Under the radar, sub rosa, float like a butterfly sting like a bee .... BAM!!! That's what makes you dangerous. You're a dangerous black man, with an Ivy League education. You use words like numchuks. Boo!

For an ostensibly post-racial candidate raised by a white mother white grandparents (mind you, this is the half of the parental equation these are the only people in Barack Obama's life who actually cared enough to stick around and make sure he was fed, clothed, and received an education) Obama sure spends a lot of time talking about being black. It's almost as though he were trying to convince himself - or us - of his street creds. I don't get it. Oh well. Congratulations Senator. You just joined Cynthia McKinney on my list of people whose arrogant sense of entitlement only serves to deepen the painful divisions this country is already struggling with.**

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish