07 October 2008

Why I Love My Birthday

If you know me you know that my birthday was on the 5th of this month (same as my aunt and 2 of my close friends, it's also shared by many I have come in contact with). I enjoy my birthday for the following reasons:

  • Fall smells begin to tickle my nose: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Pies, and my favorite the smell of fresh crisp cool air.
  • I can open my windows and have that crisp air in my house and curl up with a cup of hot tea and a blanket.
  • The skies are that cold gray, don't get me wrong I like the sun but I love the cool gray skies even better.
  • It puts me in the mood to cook or rather to bake; pies, cakes, casseroles.
As you can see I love my birthdays for every reason besides that fact that it's my birthday. I don't know why I just have never been very fond of my birthdays. There is no particular reason, I just don't enjoy them. I turned 25 this year, I never thought I would be this "old". Where was I ten years ago? I was 15 getting my driving permit working at Dominos with the rest of the rifle team. I would drive my dads brand new F-150 home from work when he would pick me up from his job around 11pm at night. I had my "first" boyfriend (no the love triangle doesn't count, maybe I'll explain this in full detail for those of you that are still trying to figure it out), and was enjoying high school. I loved high school the friends and all the drama that went along with it. My siblings were 6 and 4 now they are 16 and 14 - I still can't believe they are that old. My brother can now go to dances and my sister can date. But this isn't about them it's about me. I wanted to be older than a "teenager who had so many rules" little did I know that now I have more rules. I thought I could sleep when I wanted, eat what I wanted, buy what I wanted, do what I wanted. Looking back now I had it better than I could've ever imagined. Now I have to do all the chores, go to work, wake up early, keep a budget, what was I thinking? Now that I'm 25 I have a few things I want to do this year that I feel if I don't do it now I never will. I will eat healthier, move more, and make memories every day so I don't have a lot of empty tomorrows.

I haven't had a chance to listen to conference yet but plan to do so this weekend. I'm excited about it, I really am. I bought the triple combination (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) at the book store and have been listening to it. So far I have listened to it for 3 days on my way to and from work. The exciting news is I am on the 27th chapter of 2nd Nephi, IN 3 DAYS! How amazing. The coolest part is I have learned so much by just listening. There are so many wonderful things and principles that I never thought of or never knew where they were. I wish I could write and drive so that I would have a list of all the cool things I have learned. The gospel is amazing and the principles are even more amazing. I'm so thankful to have the peace and the guidance I do in my life from my loving Heavenly Father. Life is so much better when we pray daily and remember Him in our lives. Mine has been at least, the amount of calmness and peace I know couldn't come from my own nerves.

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish