22 December 2008

2008 In Review

For starters, this annoys me... I don't know if it's a combination of not putting together grammatically correct sentences and ThIs TypE of Spelling (includes using 'z's for 's's) or the fact that it's 100% fake and so many people think it's real and enjoy it.. Rant Done, moving on.

I honestly can't believe that 2008 is almost over, it did seem as though this year has just begun to me, I've met others who feel the same way, so at least it isn't just me!

January
I was in the Young Womens Presidency and Douglas was gone - a lot. I enjoyed my ward and made some great friendships there that I hope last - even if it is only a Christmas Card or simple hello email along the way. President Hinckley passed away - I think this was the hardest thing for me that month. He was really the only prophet I knew and it is strange not hearing his voice or reading his messages each month in the Ensign.

February
What a month! I had knee surgery and then we moved 2 weeks later (Doug being gone in Denver, CO most of the time other than my surgery date and moving date) and the potential candidates for our Nations president began really campaigning.

March
We finally got settled in our home and are still enjoying it today. I never thought I would be able to walk normally again, or that the pain would go away (I know I'm a baby when it comes to pain, those who love me, thank you for putting up with me).

April
I don't really remember much that happened this month, I went to a SF Giants game and throughly enjoyed it. Douglas was gone so my days seemed kind of a blur.

May
We bought a motorcycle and I dyed my hair dark and for the first time in my life I wasn't a blond and I loved it!

June
Buried my friends Guinea Pig in my backyard, Douglas learned how to ride/drive his motorcycle, and I became California State Certified on Aerial Lifts of up to 150ft (scared out of my mind, but nonetheless I did it)!

July
Douglas finally came home to stay for a while! We went camping in the sweltering heat, and I kinda learned how to fish. Made more commitments to myself I'm still working on.

August
Douglas celebrated his 28th year of life and recieved some nice new fishing gear. And I made this for him.

September
We celebrated our 2nd year of marriage and 1 year anniversary of being sealed.

October
I turned a quarter of a century old. I really got into food storage, cooking/baking, and decorating!

November
I feel into the Twilight trap. Hubs and I had a great Thanksgiving at my parents. We celebrated Christmas a little early. We voted.

December
Nothing much has happened this month, we will spend Christmas with both my parents and Hubs mom - which will be fantastical!

3 comments:

Dixie and Drew said...

Sounds like you guys have had a busy year! I do love your new hair color. It looks great on you!!! I am used to seeing you as a blonde too, but this it really cute!

Jess said...

I love your hair dark! I wish I had the guts to do the same :)

Jenkinson Family said...

HOw fun! That's a cute recap. That's great you two were sealed in the temple.

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish