06 January 2009

Jury Duty

I have been summoned to appear in court for Jury Duty. It's amazing to me how awkward people are around others they dont' know. I had to report today and I was rather excited about it, but before getting to the excited part there was a line, roughly, 1 mile to 1.5 miles long. It snaked around buildings, glided down sidewalks, arched up stairs until it ended on the other side of all the security. In this line of hundreds (attorneys, defendants, plantiffs, jurors like me) no one spoke on word to another. After you 'sign' in you are herded to a room full of people (approx 130 per room) once again where everybody stares at you and sits in that horrible awkward silence - there is however a couple people in a corner that know each other and are conversing, but mostly it's the rustle of newspaper and a few cell phone chimes.

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish