04 November 2009

My Taste Buds are Enjoying....

Want to know what I've been eating? Well, here are my new addictions. I don't have any photos as I haven't had time to even think of taking photos lately with my new work load, but here are some recipes and the foods I've been living off of:

Boybell Cheese Rounds - I love these! I like them because they come in this little cute red wax shell you have to peel off before eating, kinda like exercise, right? No, you say? Well if I'm working for my food I consider it exercise, ha! But I usually have two of these a day lately once at 9am and 2pm - Great source of protein and calcium.

Couscous - BIG NEW LOVE! I make it a couple of different ways, enjoy! You start off with regular couscous then add to it what you will!

Basic Couscous Recipe:


Ingredients:

* 1 3/4 c plain couscous
* 2 c chicken broth
* 1 T olive oil
* 1/2 t salt
* 1/4 black pepper

Procedure:

* In a medium saucepan with a lid, bring the chicken broth to a boil with the olive oil, salt and pepper. As soon as the liquid begins to boil, remove from heat and add in the couscous. Stir to completely incorporate, and cover saucepan. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the broth and stir lightly with a fork to fluff. Use as is warm or chill for use later.

I add in a little bit of olive oil, chopped black olives, fresh parsley, tomatoes, white onion, black pepper, baby corn and red peppers, and sometimes a little bit of feta.

Tabbouleh - Delish! I love this, except I think the first one I bought (before I knew you could buy it) it had too much lemon in it, so I think when I make it I will not use the lemon, or just less of it, but if you like lemon, this is for you!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup bulgur (or cracked wheat)
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 3 firm tomatoes, cubed small
  • 1 large cucumber, cubed small
  • 2-3 scallions, diced small
  • 1 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
Preparation:
1. Place bulgur in a large mixing bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the bulgur.
2. Let stand for about 1/2 hour, or until all water is absorbed.
3. Drain well, squeezing out any excess water. You can use a sieve and remove excess moisture by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
4. Add tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, and mint (optional) to bulgur.
5. Season with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate, covered, a few hours or overnight.
7. Serve cold.

I suppose my taste buds are on a Mediterranean trip lately, and that's okay by me, it's healthy and delish, although I'm having a hard time convincing Mr. B of that, that it's good that is.

Frozen Tart Yogurt - This stuff is fantastic. There is this new shop by my home, like less than .001 miles away, that is faboulostic! I didn't think I would like it but I'm in love, I get it with mochi and Strawberries, sometimes peanuts, but it is so good - and fat free, it's my new favorite dessert treat, I try not to eat it every day!

No comments:

follow me

Widget_logo

Are You Ready?!

My Tunes

we belong

archive

tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    My Weight Loss

    Calorie Counter

    MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

    ♥ Blessings are every where in our lives every day there are little things that mean a lot and sometimes we don't even notice them until we look back on the day. Memories and stories, arguments and tears - all bring blessings into our lives in one way or another. I do this blog so I can remember those moments and find the blessings that were once hidden in a normal sometime meaningless gesture ♥


    if we pay close attention we will come to realize that no day is the same as another as every morning brings with it a hidden blessing - a sweet morsel to cherish